Gutenberg is proving to be a bit of a rollercoaster ride.
– Getting a consistent page builder into core
– Support of more fancy widgets
– Still really a beta product – there are a lot of mature 3rd party page builders e.g. cornerstone, elemental etc.
– A lot of standards and best practice still to be established
– By the nature of how data is stored inline in documents – updates may become expensive
Currently we are committed to support of Gutenberg – initially wrapping shortcodes into blocks (a natural migration path from Cornerstone).
Our journey continues…..
Leave a Reply